NiteshKothari.com Forums
Hey! It appears you have not registered with NiteshKothari.com Forums yet, register now for free to enjoy the full benefits of the community.. If you are already registered then login here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NiteshKothari.com Forums
Hey! It appears you have not registered with NiteshKothari.com Forums yet, register now for free to enjoy the full benefits of the community.. If you are already registered then login here...
NiteshKothari.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Entrecard
Sponsors

PerformancingAds

Jordan's talk

Go down

Jordan's talk Empty Jordan's talk

Post by weiwei Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:07 am

Students at Village Christian Academy on Wednesday got an unexpected lesson in the importance of education from basketball legend Michael Jordan.
High School Principal William Warren said the visit was kept secret so it would be a surprise for students. Jordan's niece and nephew are students at the academy.[spam-site.www]michael jordan shoes
"It was great for the kids to see what a genuine and down-to-earth person he is despite all his fame," Warren said. "The kids are still in shock."
Jordan, 47, was in Fayetteville for Wednesday night's NBA pre-season game between Oklahoma City and Charlotte at the Crown Coliseum.
Math teacher Joyce Carlton said she knew something was up when she saw Jordan's niece and nephew dressed in Carolina gear from head to toe.
"When they got called to the office I guessed it was because Michael was here," Carlton said.[spam-site.www]michael jordan shoes
Jordan spoke to an assembly of about 850 students in the gymnasium on the importance of a college education, even if they want to do something that doesn't necessarily require one.
Eleventh-grader Hillary Summers said she was nervous and excited about seeing Jordan in person.[spam-site.www]michael jordan shoes
Hillary plays basketball and is hoping to attend UNC-Chapel Hill on a basketball scholarship, following in Jordan's footsteps.
"I asked him what he did every day to stay in shape and help keep up his game," Hillary said.
Gracie Vestal, a seventh-grader, just wanted to give Jordan a hug.[spam-site.www]cheap jordan shoes
"I asked him for a hug and he kind of laughed and walked over and hugged me," Gracie said.
After that, Jordan told the assembly no one else could ask that question.[spam-site.www]cheap jordan shoes
Gracie kept one secret from Jordan, though: She's an N.C. State University fan.
"He might not have hugged me if he knew that," she said.[spam-site.www]air jordan shoes
Jordan also told the students the importance of mentors and said he still talks with Dean Smith, the former men's basketball coach at UNC, on a weekly basis.
"He just kept emphasizing how important it was to succeed in school," said junior Shane Blanks. "He was a lot taller in person than I thought he would be."
We [spam-site.www]air jordan shoes online just have various [spam-site.www]cheap jordan shoes.You can buy a pair of satisfied shoes with unexpected low price.It's written by weiwei on 10.12.

weiwei

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-09-14

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum