NiteshKothari.com Forums
Hey! It appears you have not registered with NiteshKothari.com Forums yet, register now for free to enjoy the full benefits of the community.. If you are already registered then login here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NiteshKothari.com Forums
Hey! It appears you have not registered with NiteshKothari.com Forums yet, register now for free to enjoy the full benefits of the community.. If you are already registered then login here...
NiteshKothari.com Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Entrecard
Sponsors

PerformancingAds

Kobe Bryant and the Will To Win[top-customized]

Go down

Kobe Bryant and the Will To Win[top-customized] Empty Kobe Bryant and the Will To Win[top-customized]

Post by top-customized Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:49 pm

I'll keep this article short and sweet, unlike the most recent game against Phoenix (although that game was pretty sweet too).
As I watched Kobe Bryant force the issue during several fourth-quarter possessions of the recent game against Portland, I couldn’t help but “Remember the Titans” during their own game.
For those of you who don’t know, "Remember the Titans" tells the story of a high school football team’s struggles with desegregation, and their journey to a perfect season. top-customized
During the state semifinals, white officials attempt to deprive the Titans of a perfect season by rigging the game. They refuse to call personal fouls against the opposing team, and call ticky-tack pass interference penalties against the Titans.
The Titans respond by letting the other team’s wide receivers catch the ball, and then tackling them hard enough to force fumbles. top-customized
As the Titans celebrate their victory, their white defensive coordinator stares down the officials as if to say: “Take that.”
Flash forward to Sunday’s nail-biter against the Blazers.
Kobe could not buy a call. Several times, I saw Kobe go up for a layup and get hacked. Several times, I saw Kobe vehemently yell in the direction of the officials. Several times, I thought the Blazers were going to get one foul shot and the ball out of bounds.
But then I remembered the Titans. top-customized
I saw Kobe Bryant play the most intense, playoff-inspired defense in a while—leading to a steal and a bucket for Kobe and an easy assist for Derek Fisher.
A minute later, I watched the same 34-year-old Fisher intercept a pass and take it coast to coast for a finger-roll layup.
I saw Kobe Bryant face up on Brandon Roy, skip the pump fake and drain a 10-footer from the baseline over an outstretched hand to put the Lakers up by four.
I then saw Kobe vehemently curse again (this time in slow motion) and yank at his jersey, as if to say: “Take that.” top-customized
And then I realized: The Lakers will give us something to remember in the Finals this season

top-customized

Male
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down